About Vlad Cojocaru:
- BSc in Physics and Chemistry at the West University Timisoara 1999 - graduated with a average grade of 9.57 (on a scale from 1.00 to 10.00)
- Accepted in the International MSc/PhD Program Molecular Biology - International Max Planck Research School, Goettingen, Germany in June 2000. For details about the program please consult http://www.gpmolbio.uni-goettingen.de/
- Master in Molecular Biology at the Georg-August Univ. Goettingen, Germany, August 2001 - graduated with a grade of 2.0 (on a scale from 5.0 to 1.0) meaning B=very good. According to this grade and the rules of the program, I was directly accepted for the PhD program without the need of writing a master thesis.
- PhD in Molecular Biology at the Georg August University, Geottingen, Germany: July 2005 (date of doctoral thesis defense: 28.06.2005; graduated with "magna cum laude")
- My PhD work (project started 01.01.2002) has been performed in the Department of Thomas M. Jovin at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Goettingen, Germany (I joined the department on 01.10.2001).
- Starting 01.10.2005, I was working on postdoctoral project in the group of Rebecca Wade at EML Research Heidelberg located in the beautiful and historical Villa-Bosch (www.villa-bosch.de). Until September 2008 I was awarded a postdoc fellowship by the Klaus Tschira Foundation.
- Starting 01.10.2008 I joined the SYSMO-LAB project working on structural-based comparison of enzymes involved in the metabolism of the three lactic acid bacteria studied in the SYSMO-LAB project.